Last week I caught up with family and old friends from my past synchro life which was wonderful. Synchronized swimming was my joy through my youth, source of community and where my some of my dearest friends are from. After 16 years I am very much over the absolute disappointment, frustration, and perhaps disillusionment of the sport that I felt when I left and now am reminising in the good times, laughs and chaos that made up my synchro years. Who knew that I was completely "unbalanced" up until I was 17. We typically swam 5hours/day, ran up and down SFU hill, did weights, stretched completely cold before practices, land drill... Knowing what I know now about exercise physiology, biomechanics, and sport psychology, I can't believe the things we did.
Back to the present though. The hard work is done. I just have to eat well, sleep well and believe in myself. Then all will fall into place to race the best race I have ever raced before! Honestly I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment