Sunday, September 6, 2009

Race season continues!

Sunday morning and life is good. I am back in Ottawa and setting my life up once again. First thing Monday morning I drove out to Peak to meet with Ken, talk about Nationals, the past year and what we need to do this coming year. It is all about the run now. I am swimming less, biking less and running alot. This makes me sad as I love being in the pool and can't imagine what's better than being on my bike but perhaps my run will become so good that this will soon become my favorite part of the triathlon! All this talk about me running lots (I used to run 5X/week and it's up from that) made me immediately call Mike for massage as I know injury prevention will be everything... My visit with him was awesome as it had been so very long since I had a truly awesome massage.

While my training program has changed I still am very much in the middle of my race season. This coming weekend I am off to California, then Westchester New York and my finale will be in Dallas in October. I can't believe how blessed I am to be able to go to all these races! I have a certain excitement with how I feel and with what I have learnt at my races this year. One think I can't wait about my upcoming race in California is putting my toe to the line knowing that I am going to put everything out there right until the end. I have been holding back in the run because of fears that I now recognize... no more.

So life continues... training, eating, sleeping and racing with work thrown in there whereever and whenever possible. Of late I have certainly had to be creative on getting the job done but it seems to continue to work somehow thanks to a fantastic manager and my committment to making it work. Not easy but it happens somehow. Off for a ride now - the gatineau maybe?




No comments:

Post a Comment