Lately I have started to get a little anxious and have started to really bug Zane about when I might start racing. I think this is due to the fact that I have been feeling good lately.
It is hard to continually put the reigns on when you just want to fly! To be honest, I still have a ways to go in terms of my run fitness but I
am not sure how much longer I can handle being on the sidelines. I will listen to Zane of course but it is hard not to start to planning, getting excited about what may come yet this season. To think that it was not that long ago that I was told that I likely would not race at all this season and would be out until the spring at least. Amazing how quickly things can change.
Next week I go to Ottawa and see everyone there which will be really wonderful and help me get over the general desire to just go somewhere, do something. I am most looking forward to seeing John and the gang at the pool, riding in the Gats and taking a dip in Meech lake. I can't imagine a better way to spend a few days. There will be lots of appointments in there to doctors, seeing friends and yes, I am even headed to the spa thanks to a nice Christmas present! All good. And then I get in the car for what I think will be an eternity! Four days on the road driving back to Austin... ugg. If anyone has any recommendations for how to break up unbelievable boredom let me know! Podcasts, books on tape and music. I will be doing it all...
Just imagine when I arrive back in Austin though - I really will have a whole lot of pent up energy to be released! Watch out....it will be scary :)
No comments:
Post a Comment