On the training front with labral tears things are going surprisingly well. Last weekend I wrote how it was hard to go through the ups and downs of whether it hurts or not. This week there was not so much of that. I pretty much just trained normally and consistently without any drama which felt pretty darn good. Raven (physiotherapist) has me really working my hamstrings and gluts to balance out my over dominant quads. She wants to see them “pop” and so onto the physioball I go doing reps with weights. I also continue to do core work which is planks, planks, mixed in with more planks. The other thing that I am working on is proper form when walking and sitting. I notice that if I walk or sit too much with my right foot not aligned straight, my hip will let me know. This means when driving my foot is not turned out, when walking I am holding good posture and still leaning. I suppose that I really am re-learning whole body alignment and this seems to be what is making a difference. Each run feels like I am a little closer to getting some fitness. Each day I am a little more positive and think that maybe Dr. Gilbart just might be onto something with this whole managing thing… still hoping and taking one day at a time!
EXCELLENT NEWS TENILLE. I didn't know that proper alignment would be the way through this.
ReplyDeleteVery encouraging,
Mom